a zest for fashion. lifestyle. & design
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Monday, November 29, 2010
1. For watching the game with their boys
2. Classic Barware by Kate Spade, for the sophisticated Man
3. Portable spotlight for grilling or home improvements
4. For the active Man, new goggles for the slopes
5. For the Man who enjoys his grill
6. Ipod dock for the aspiring DJ
7. Single serving coffee maker for the early riser
Photo credit & Purchase info: http://www.gifts.com/
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
I also attended a "Turkey Fry Party" this past weekend and had the most amazing corn casserole, a recipe from Paula Deen (shout out to Irby the chef of the party). This is a great side dish idea & it is pretty simple. The picture doesn't do it justice....it is sooo good! Click the link below for the recipe.
Photo credit: http://www.nestingnewbies.com/ & http://www.food.com/
Monday, November 22, 2010
While the Hubs was off golfing I decided to do a little shopping this weekend!
1. I bought 2 cashmere wraps, one in a really pretty purple and a heather grey one. You can never have enough of these wraps & of course you need every color!
2. I bought a charcoal grey Alternative hoodie that is super comfortable and will be perfect to wear running errands or on my way to spin class. These hoodies have been featured in Allure Magazine.
3. Lastly, I bought these Nike Free shoes, my Fabulous friend/neighbor talked me into them and I absolutely love them. They are really light and comfortable, they are made to mimic the feeling of running barefoot! Kind of weird I know.
Pictures and Purchase info http://www.nordstrom.com/
Friday, November 19, 2010
FYI...they are 5.5 inches high
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
PEAR & CRANBERRY BELLINIIngredients
1 cup pear nectar
1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
1 bottle Prosecco or other dry sparkling white wine
1.In a small pitcher or large liquid measuring cup, combine pear nectar and cranberry juice cocktail. Pour 1/4 cup juice mixture into each of eight champagne glasses. Dividing evenly, top with Prosecco or other dry sparkling white wine.
Photo credit & Recipe: http://www.marthastewart.com/
Thursday, November 11, 2010
They have your BASICS covered!
1. We have a German Shepherd and I can never find clothes to fit an XL dogie, but American Apparel has a basic tee for every shape and sized pup!
2.Digging their basic clutch for your everyday errands.
3. I had to pick this guy because I was drawn to his mustache, the thermal shirt he is wearing comes in a pack of 3 (gray, black, and white).
4. Lastly how sweet is this babies little hat for $6.50, it comes in several colors.
Lusting after these peices! Purchase info provided on each link attached. Happy Shopping!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
This burlap banner hand painted white is great for the Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays.
Can be hung over a fireplace, in an entry way, or by your dining table. Priced at $22
Love this hand painted turkey on an old page torn from a book, only $7!!
Burlap sack turned into festive turkey pillow, gobble gobble!
These white birch candles are great for Thanksgiving & Christmas centerpieces. $15
All of these items can be purchased on Etsy.com. I have included their links below each picture.
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Here are the rough measurements and Ingredients:
(8) Slices Artisan White Bread thinly sliced
(4) 1/2 inch Slices of Fresh White American Cheese
(2) Green Apples, thinly cut
(1) Package of Bacon
He baked the bacon on a cookie sheet until crunchy, I would guess at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Spread Dijon Mustard on only one side of the bread. Next he layered each sandwich with one slice of cheese, 3-4 slices of bacon and apple slices. Buttered a griddle and let each sandwich grill for 5 minutes on each side.
OK so I found the actual recipe online, click below.
Photo credit: Google images
Thursday, November 4, 2010