a zest for fashion. lifestyle. & design

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

ABC SANDWICH

While sitting in the dentist chair this morning getting my teeth cleaned, a show called Tyler's Ultimate came on the TV.  I had no choice but to watch since I was stuck in the cleaning chair & I was starved from skipping breakfast to keep my teeth extra clean!  So I caught bits and pieces of his recipe in between the rinsing and scraping but he made the most delicious looking grilled cheese sandwich.  I can't wait to try this simple sandwich at home.

Here are the rough measurements and Ingredients:

Ingredients:
Serves 4
(8) Slices Artisan White Bread thinly sliced
(4) 1/2 inch Slices of Fresh White American Cheese
(2) Green Apples, thinly cut
Dijon Mustard
(1) Package of Bacon

He baked the bacon on a cookie sheet until crunchy, I would guess at 350 for 10-12 minutes.  Spread Dijon Mustard on only one side of the bread.  Next he layered each sandwich with one slice of cheese, 3-4 slices of bacon and apple slices.  Buttered a griddle and let each sandwich grill for 5 minutes on each side.

OK so I found the actual recipe online, click below.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/grilled-cheese-recipe/index.html

Photo credit: Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment