a zest for fashion. lifestyle. & design

Thursday, May 19, 2011

ITALIAN CRAVINGS

1. It all started with this caprese salad I had for lunch from Pane Bianco.  It is the sister restaurant to the very well known Pizzeria Bianco.  It was so fresh & light, it also came with fresh bread and a creamy mint for dessert but I ate mine in the car before I could take a picture! http://www.pizzeriabianco.com/
2. I had some left over mozzarella from my salad so I decided to make a pizza for dinner the following day. Here are the steps & ingredients, it was really yummy and super easy!
STEP 1
Lightly brush the entire thin crust Boboli pizza with olive oil
STEP 2
Sprinkle a thin layer of shredded mozzarella & parmesan
STEP 3
Add the fresh mozzarella, a little goes a long way *this makes the pizza amazing
STEP 4
I added 5 slices of prosciutto it shrinks up after baking
STEP 5
Add fresh basil, I bought a basil plant to keep in our kitchen for cooking

STEP 6
Bake for 10 minutes & serve

While we are on the topic of cooking and being in the kitchen I took a picture of our new dish towel from West Elm, I love the fringe on the bottom and the modern stripes.






No comments:

Post a Comment