a zest for fashion. lifestyle. & design

Thursday, October 7, 2010

CUCUMBER LIME SALAD

I am trying to watch my Carbs and so while browsing at Whole Foods at lunch today I came across a yummy cucumber salad at the cold deli counter.  You pretty much have to love cucumbers because it is the main ingredient!  I memorized the list of the ingredients because it looked so ridiculously simple to copy at home.  Here are the rough ingredients, the seasoning will have to be to taste because I don't have the measurements:)  Helpful right?!?

Ingredients:
2 Cucumbers peeled and cut into wedges (bite sized)
1/2 Red Pepper thinly sliced and diced
3 Green onions diced
2-3 Limes - juice only
Fresh Cilantro -handful
Sea salt
White pepper
Olive oil

I would cut the cucumbers, red peppers, green onions, and cilantro.... place in serving bowl.  Next I would mix in a separate bowl the lime juice, olive oil, sea salt, and white pepper.  Adding a little at a time until the desired tangy/tartness that you like!  Pour over the cucumbers and mix thoroughly... ENJOY!

Recipe inspiration:  Whole Foods
Photo Credit:  http://www.fineartamerica.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment