a zest for fashion. lifestyle. & design

Thursday, September 9, 2010

1 DOWN 1 TO GO


I was feeling creative yesterday so I decided to start one of my Halloween projects and it was so fun and easy!
1. I bought this wierd primer spray paint because it was only 99 cents from Michaels and it looks just like black paint.
2.  I also picked up the wooden letters for 99 cents each at Michaels.  I used a Crate & Barrel Magazine as a background for when I sprayed because we didn't have newspaper.  You will want to lift the letters off of the paper after 5 minutes so they don't stick to it.
3. Saint Jude candles from the Dollar Store & yes I asked for forgiveness for tearing the paper off.
4. Try and find a candle that the label does not go entirely around the candle.  The candle I used had sticky adhesive at the two ends.
5.  Hence the next picture I used this De-Solv-It product to remove any extra adhesive on the candle. 
6. Lastly I glued the letters on with a hot glue gun. 

Wah lah!  Can't wait to add a few Halloween decorations around the candles!


1 comment:

  1. Those turned out great! Don't you just love when the creative mood strikes? :)

    ReplyDelete