a zest for fashion. lifestyle. & design

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

GRILLED PORTOBELLO & ARUGULA BURGERS



I found this recipe from Bon Appetit/July 1999.  I made it last night and the Hubby gave it 2 thumbs up and he is a tough critic....I really liked it too!  So I thought I would share it with you...

Serves 4

1/2 cup nonfat mayo
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
6 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary Made ours without & it was still delicious
1 garlic clove, minced
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
4 large portobello mushrooms, stems trimmed I used 1 large portobello cap for 2 people
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 whole wheat buns, toasted I used Thomas 110 calorie bagel thins
2 large bunches arugula

Mix Mayo, mustard, 2 teaspoons rosemary & garlic in small bowl.  Heat grill medium heat

Brush mushrooms all over with olive oil, Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon rosemary,  then salt & pepper, Grill until tender, about 10 minutes each sideI put it on a piece of aluminum not directly on grill 
Spread mayo mixture over buns.
Place mushrooms & arugula on bun bottoms. Cover with bun tops.

As you can see I improvised a little. As for the burgers I seasoned each side with worcestershire sauce and garlic salt & served them with corn on the cob.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment