a zest for fashion. lifestyle. & design

Friday, June 8, 2012

BUMPCAKE 23 WEEKS


Gender:  BABY GIRL!!!
How far along? 23 weeks
Baby Size:  1.5 lbs
Total weight gain: 12 lbs
Maternity clothes? I finally broke down and bought a white & a grey tank from Liz Lange for Target Maternity.  They definitely show off the bump I’m sporting these days but they are great… cheap, light, comfortable, & long what more could a girl ask for.
Exercise: I am walking as much as I can. At night I drag Matt & Lute with me for a little 30 min walk around the neighborhood.  I would like to find an exercise class that I can do 2x a week now that the weather has reached the 100’s.
Miss Anything? My balance! I have walked into several door handles this week (this really hurts), slipped & hit my wrist on the wall, banged into the shower door, & rear ended someone on my way to work. Thankfully my foot just slipped off the brake at a street light so there was no harm or damage done to either car or baby.  A light friendly bump is how I explained it to the Hubby. I have been a total walking disaster! I’m scared to move!
How my life has changed so far: Instead of admiring and labeling another females handbag or outfit, I’m now trying to identify what type of stroller she is pushing.  Is it a Bugaboo, an Uppa Baby, or maybe a BOB!  If time permits then I will take a gander at the handbag!  Oh how the priorities are a changing!
Movement: Lots of movement, I love it! She is a little night owl like her Daddy.  She loves to kick just as I lay down to get ready for bed.  It’s our little bonding time together.  My Husband felt her kick for the first time which was so special.  My Sister was over a few days ago and felt a couple of kicks too!
Food cravings: I finished an entire box of Lucky Charms in 2 days (not a proud moment).  I love fresh corn on the cob, Fuji apples, & my homemade egg white/white American cheese/fresh deli ham cooked on the skillet/bagel thin sandwiches!!
Symptoms: Are you ready for my laundry list of symptoms… I’m starting to get lower back aches, my legs, belly, & feet swell up at the end of the day I think from water retention in this heat, & lastly Charlie horses and foot cramps! They are so painful and not the way I like to be woken up in the mornings.  My leg is literally sore for 2 days afterwards.  Needless to say I’m doing stretches at night and drinking as much water as I can to avoid them from happening.

I hope this post doesn't sound like a bunch of complaints, just speaking the pregnancy truth! I'm truly enjoying my pregnancy experience & I can't believe I  will be 6 months next week!
HAPPY WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment