a zest for fashion. lifestyle. & design

Thursday, June 10, 2010

CHEERS!



So I am not one for "fruity" cocktails, I am more of a red/white wine, dirty martini, champagne, vodka soda kinda girl! However, I am a huge fan of a good WATERMELON MARTINI. A girlfriend introduced me to the drink a few months ago at a Sushi Hot Spot in town and I immediately thought I need to learn how to make these at home! These martinis would be perfect for a BBQ with friends, a night out with the girls, & or sipping poolside! They are fun, light, & totally AMAZING!


*If you have time chill your martini glasses in the freezer for 30 minutes before serving.

Ingredients:
1 cup watermelon juice (press through a sieve or food processor/blender)
1/2 cup Vodka
ice
1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
watermelon slices or cubes for garnish
drink/kabob skewer (optional)

Place the watermelon juice, vodka, and sugar into a cocktail shaker. Top with ice & Shake well.

Pour mixture through cocktail shaker strainer & into your martini glass.

Garnish with a wedge on the rim of the glass or skewer the cubes of watermelon and place in martini.

Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment